Saturday, January 10, 2015

this is for you

hi. hi. hi. hello. hey. you. i miss you tons and tons and millions and billions and around the world to the moon and back. 

i just want to give you the biggest hug and then sit and talk for hours and laugh and cry and tease and do all that fun stuff we once did and then do it all over a hundred times because there is always room for more of you in my life. 

i want you to know that, believe that and know it again. because more often than not we don't talk as often as i would like and sometimes days and weeks go by in silence, utter silence. and all you can hear is the sound of life ticking by the seconds. oh life. it's so wonderfully gorgeous and great and terrible and magnificent and hard and all-the-adjectives. and it tugs me this way and you that way and it's unavoidable because we must travel where our destiny takes us.

and before we know it, we're galaxies away in another universe doing things we never imagined and it's so easy to get sucked into the black hole of the new. not that the new is really a black hole but it can take over and weaken our ties to the past if we don't pay attention.

but in the midst of all this, sometimes i pause and remember that day when our paths crossed and you came into my life. and somehow, even though i'm weird and shy and awkward and who-knows-what spills out of my mouth, you became the creme to my oreo, the sun in my shine, the whatever to the whatever....you get what i mean, gosh i miss you.

you are a fantastically wonderful, lovely, friend and i love you a whole ton. remember that my heart says this even if i'm not texting you or chatting you or emailing you or writing you letters.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I looooovvvveeee this. And you. So so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey look, we did cross paths a couple of times. It was pretty neat. :)
    Thanks for being there when I needed someone to cross my way. It's changed my life.
    You have changed my life.
    Now smile and go do all the wonderful things. :D

    ReplyDelete